Temporary to Hire Senior Contract/Grant Specialist with Education Non-Profit
Our client has an immediate need for a Senior Contract and Grants Specialist. This is a temporary to hire opportunity. The position will start remotely, but we are seeking candidates with the flexibility to go to the office, when they return. The office is in downtown DC.
The Specialist will provide financial and budget support to both federal and nonprofit programs. Additionally, the Specialist will provide support for payroll and accounting, as needed.
Job Duties include:
· Award Management
· Budgeting and Accounting: Coordinate and assist program managers in preparing annual budgets and plans; assist in developing budget assumptions and narratives for all federal and private foundation program budgets; assist federal program managers with grant and contract proposals; Assist with monthly meetings to review actual to budget performances for grant programs and ensure that appropriate follow-up actions are completed; Perform monthly/quarterly account reconciliations as assigned.
· Cost Allocation
· Payroll Management
· Accounting: Assist with internal audit functions
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration (or equivalent experience) required. A more advanced degree may substitute for years of experience.
· A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
· Knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation.
· Knowledge of grants and reporting
· Strong working knowledge of Uniform Guidance (OMB Super Circular 200)
· Microsoft GP knowledge and Ultimate Payroll system is a plus