Temporary to hire Donor Services Coordinator with Environmental Non-Profit.
Our client, a non-profit focused on conservation has an immediate opening for 2 donor service coordinator roles. This is an exciting opportunity to gain valuable experience at one of DC’s most sought after organizations.
The Donor Service Coordinator is an essential customer service role that is part of a 5-person team, the Coordinator the Coordinator helps donors make gifts over the phone, updates communication preferences and contact information, provides answers to questions, resolves concerns, and connects to resources as appropriate. As one of the first points of contact with the organization through phone or email, the Coordinator creates a positive experience for constituents and manages requests as efficiently as possible!
- Act as first point of contact to manage donor inquiries (through email, phone, mail); carefully interpret the spirit of constituent questions or comments and directly answer/resolve each in clear spoken or written communication. Where necessary, source to appropriate staff for specific follow-up.
- Use the organization's relational database of record, Raiser’s Edge NXT, to research, document interactions, and update donor records; contribute to improving database integrity by following guidelines for record management; report merge requests and other data hygiene needs to immediate team members.
- Identify areas for increased efficiencies or improvements in responding and managing to donor inquiries.
- Work with colleagues across the organization to secure answers or responses as needed; update document of templated responses as appropriate.
- Perform related duties as assigned, within scope of practice.
- Bachelor's degree preferred from an accredited institution, or experience in a related field[KM1]
- 1+ years’ experience in donor/member services with not-for-profit
- Experience working with relational databases (preferably with Raiser’s Edge and/or Raiser’s Edge NXT)
- General office administrative experience
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent phone etiquette and ability to speak with donors
Equal Opportunity Employer