Temporary to Hire. Director of IT Projects. Experienced technology project professional. Previous business setting or association experience preferred. Global trade association, headquartered in Washington, DC.
Our client, a global trade association, is looking for a Director of IT Projects. They would like consider candidates on a temporary-to-hire basis.
The Director will manage the creative and technical web development process, ensuring short and long-term projects and product objectives align with the overall mission of the organization.
We are seeking candidates with tenured experience in IT project management preferably in an association or business setting.
Job duties to include:
- Collaborating with web team to identify and address business challenges. Utilizes digital solutions and partners with team and stakeholders to ensure digital products and projects reflect organizational strategic goals
- Develops and manages technical project timelines and schedules and ensures all projects are on track and requirements are being met
- Serves as scrum master, actively ensuring project tasks are completed and impediments are communicated and resolved efficiently
- Leads agile ceremonies including the Daily scrum, Sprint planning, Backlog refinement and Sprint review, and actively manages a Kanban board in JIRA
- Facilitates the development of event websites and corporate websites using agile methodologies to ensure a stable and consistent software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Builds and maintains project documentation within Confluence and OneDrive
- Partners with internal stakeholders and external vendors on the design, programming and modifications of event specific mobile applications
- Develops KPIs for key business processes, as supported by digital web solutions
- Regularly evaluates new tools and resources to aid in project management and project delivery at NRF
- Works with the communications team to configure and design high-traffic pages on website
- Provides platform support as needed for Drupal content creators and editors
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and skills:
Bachelor’s degree in technology or related discipline
Minimum five years of experience managing projects, with at least three years of experience aligning technology concepts with business needs
Experience with open source web platforms, system administration and association management systems
Basic understanding of HTML5 and CSS3; experience with SQL is a plus
This position is remote to start due to COVID-19 however candidates will eventually need to expect to return to Washington, DC office. Office within 5-10 minutes walking distance of all Metro lines downtown.